Founded in 1940 as the Hingham Mothers' Club, the group was primarily social in nature. Over the years the club has evolved into an organization that promotes civic and community welfare and sociability. The club supports local families, students and seniors in the south shore community.
Building upon the traditions of the past, the Mothers' Club's purpose became more charitable and in 2013 the HMC became a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation. Although a large portion of our membership is comprised of mothers, we are open to all female Hingham residents who are 21 years of age and older who wish to help make a difference in the community. In 2017, we voted to change the name of the club to the Hingham Women's Club to reflect that we are inclusive of all women in Hingham regardless of their family status.